1.19.2007

How to Make a Killing off of a Blog!

A big reason that I started my blog is because my mom told me that people make revenue off of them. I still wasn’t sure about it, but then she said that some people actually live off of the revenue they’re making! Not to mention compiling their articles into books and who knows what that can lead to! It's a great way for kids to make money.

So you see, making a blog may seem hard, but it’s really not, and for the revenue you might be making off of it will make it all worthwhile. Let’s take me for example: I write for an average of 20 minutes a day, and I’m just about ready to put up ads. And by the end of the year? Who knows? Anyways, let’s say you’ve been going for a month and you’re getting 400 hits a day (by the way, you need 4000 impressions to get 1 dollar). And let’s say you have 6 ads, and every person who visits your site goes to 10 different sections. So that means that, since there’s a new 6ads per page, everyones is viewing 60 ads, or getting 60 impressions for you. So you’re getting 24,000 impressions a day, so you’re making 6 dollars a day! Every month you’ll be getting 180 dollars, just for this hobby!

That means that every year you get 2160 dollars! 3 and a half times more than what I get for an allowance, and much less work! And if you want me to get technical, saving that for ten years will get you a down payment on a house, not bad if you start when your 12. That saves a lot of savings, not to mention once you get more popular, say 4,000 hits a day, ’ be making 60 dollars a day, and will be able to live of your blog, albeit crappily!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don’t get what the “Not” in this sentence means, “Not to compiling their articles into books and who knows what that can lead to! “

Paris said...

Sorry, I meant to say “not to mention”. Thanks for pointing that out.

Anonymous said...

wow, that must have been a teacher? or a grandfather?

Dave Bradley said...

You need to "optimize" your Google Adsense if you're hoping to make any "revenues" off of this site, at the moment it's below the fold and showing only free charity ads...

TheAnand said...

who pays you for 4000 impressions? pls let me know as I am new to this whole monetization thingy. . .thnx. .

Henry Finn said...

Wow, a link from John Chow, lucky you. Don't feel bad about him calling you a Google whore, its not such a terrible thing.

Paris David said...

God bless you, 12-year-old blogger!

Anonymous said...

How do you connect your website to Google ads?